"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, May 19, 2014


Mom!     

     It was really good to talk to you on Mother's day---hahahaha, our conversations
Mother's Day 
It was a family affair. 

crack me up!! Our family is for real the funniest family in the world. Just seeing Dad made me crack up, he is such a funny old man now!!!   Our family is the most relaxed family in the world.  It is funny to talk to all the 18 year olds out here; they talk about how even until their senior year of high school their parents would always check on-line and if they didn't do well on a test they would get in trouble! I just laughed and remembered that when basketball season ended my senior year, I would skip school and play video games at Dyllan's; and, so, of course, the school gave me an ISS.  I just remember telling you about ISS and you told me I was an Idiot and deserved it! Hahaha.


      I can't believe that your teacher friend thought that I was your grandson!! It's okay, mom. Remember when we went to go see the movie The Avengers? (I was 20) When you bought the tickets, the kid looked at you and said, "Ma'am how old is he??" I wanted to say, I am standing right here and I am 20 years old, GIVE ME MY TICKET!!

     I just found out about transfers and I am wayyyyy pumped!!! Remember the kid from the Iban village who didn't know how to use a washing machine??? He is my new companion here in Sandakan!!! I am going to learn Iban from him!!!  I am really, really excited for Elder Johali to be my new companion.  My Malay will get tons better from being with him, and he is a good person to leave that area to when I leave. It will be a great last six weeks!!! 

     How is everything back home mom? Are you doing okay?  As I get older on the mission, the littlest things make me think of you and how much I MISS YOU!! Do not worry mom, these last six weeks I am going to work my very, very hardest and in six weeks time, I will rest with the best family in the world. Love ya so so, so much momma!

Elder Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment