"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, March 10, 2014


Mom!

     Ya I know, I got into BYU Hawaii, but I was secretly not wanting to get in so I didnt have to make this tough choice!!!  I was reading my scriptures and praying this morning, and I still feel like maybe Idaho is the place that I should be. But, then I think "It is kinda a miracle I got into Hawaii...is this the place I should go?"

So here is the deal this is why I want to go to Hawaii:
 
1. HAWAII 
2. Cody and some mission friends are there
3. Maybe try to walk onto the basketball team. 
4. HAWAII 
 
The cons are:
 
1. Do not have health science major 
2. FAR AWAY
3. Expensive to live 
4. Distractions 

Here are the pro's for Idaho:
 
1. Chase and other friends are there
2. Already been there, know the school 
3. Less distractions 
4. Have the major I want. 
5. Closer to home 

       So idk mom.....IDK!!! But I still have a little bit to think about it!! Either one will be way fun. 

         How is the family!?? That is crazy that Cousin Steve is getting married! I bet Chris is PUMPED for his new job!! Is life getting stressful?? When I was in Kuching, I remember a senior couple telling me that they worked at the temple and I said, "Wow did you get stressed all the time?" (That's because I told Mike that working at the temple was stressful at times - Martha) They looked at me like I was the Devil....and said, "No, working in the temple was actually some of the most spiritual moments of my life!"

     This week was good.  We are still working with the less active family that used to be very strong, but they have been lost for three years until we finally found them. Half of the family came to church this week!! The wife is struggling the some personal issues, so we brought the Branch President and his wife over to meet the family, and it went AMAZING. At the end, she looked over at us and said that she was no longer scared to come back to church!!  I think this is why I was sent here to Sandakan! I hope I can stay here though!! 

     The weirdest thing in the world happened to me. My companion and I were walking back home at night and we saw this kid running for his life.  All of the sudden a rock flew by his head and then, no joke mom, an old lady that had such a bad hunch back that she could almost kiss the ground, was yelling like a raptor and running after him. We didn't even laugh; we just stood there in dead silence, in awe for like three minutes, and just watched.  Then the next day, we all had to walk the same ladies home t0 the same pitch-black place in the jungle. IT'S SO SCARY!! All four of us 20-year-old men held hands and ran through the jungle.

     The work here is doing better. My companion has eye problems, so he has been in Singapore.  I am either with the other two elders here OR with some members. Yesterday, I was so tired that I thought I was gonna pass out. I really needed some new investigators in the area so an RM and I knocked on doors forever and walked so far......all for nothing. It was depressing, but I gottta keep pushing through. Don't worry about me momma, I love life here. Even though there are hard times, there is NO greater feeling than serving the Lord. I love you much and miss you!!  

Elder Madsen

PS: Can I have some money :))

No comments:

Post a Comment