"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, February 3, 2014

New Year



Mom 

     This week was Chinese New Year which means three things: 1) Random people give me money; 2) We get dinner appointments every night of the week; and 3) only one hour of church!! (don’t really know if President knows about that one).  So, this week was a lot of fun. We went over to the rich Chinese lady's house again and she made us an AMAZING dinner.  We went into her backyard and drank and ate coconuts for like two hours! (I’ll send you the videos). We also had one of the recent Filipino RM's go out and help us find new investigators. It literally took us just four hours of wandering around in random villages to find several new families to teach!! (To be completely honest, we are not supposed to teach or baptize illegal Filipino's--AKA EVERY FILIPINO IN SABAH—but, it's kind of a don’t ask, don’t tell thing.) So, I am way pumped about our new families; it should be a solid next couple of weeks!

        I just passed my 5 month mark.  I hope that I can finish my mission here in Sandakan (that way I never have to ride a bike again!!!)  I love you sooooo much mom and tell Meg THANKS SOOOOO MUCH for everything!! You all are the best! 

Elder Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment